Mining Primecoin using your CPU can be both fun and profitable. Unlike Bitcoin and most other cryptocurrencies, Primecoin can only be mined using your computer’s processor.
These are instructions to Mine Primecoin on a pool, beeeer.org, and having the coins deposited to a client/wallet on your computer.
CLIENT INSTALL – There is only one source for the client/wallet.
1. Download the client from sourceforge. 0.1.2 is the most recent version.
2. Run primecoin-0.1.2-win32-setup.exe and use the default settings to install. When the install is complete, run the Primecoin client.
3. The client needs to synchronize with the network.
MINER INSTALL – There are several miners for Primecoin. Since we are using beeeer pool, we will use their recommended miner.
1. Download the xolominer and extract all the files to a folder. The name and location of the folder doesn’t matter.
2. There are different miners for 32 bit and 64 bit Windows. Right-click on the “edit me” file for your version and select Edit. If you don’t know what version you have, check on this Microsoft page.
3. Go to the beeeer.org Announcement thread and find the IP address for the pool closest to you. Copy the address and paste into Notepad where it says POOLADDRESS.
4. Go to the client you installed earlier and click on the Receive tab. Right click on the address and click Copy Address. Paste that into Notepad where it says PRIMECOINADDRESS.
5. Finally, you want to tell the miner how many cores of your processor to use. In the beginning, use them all, In Notepad put the number of cores where it says THREADS. If you don’t know how many cores your processor has, check your Task Manager, you can look under the performance tab and count the number of cores.
6. When done, your command in Notepad should look similar to this:
primeminer_x64.exe -poolip=188.8.131.52 -poolport=1337 -pooluser=AQTtWD1iiaLZCEGUXeddjpb8wPjBref7nv -genproclimit=8
7. Save the file.
Start mining by double-clicking on the file you edited.